Is writing hard for you? Do you avoid it for any reason that comes to mind? If this is you, then your day of freedom has come. Free writing is the answer! [Read more…]
Do you keep a daily journal? (I’ve asked you that before. It may come up again!) Why is keeping a journal such a big deal? Simply put, if you’re not journaling, you’re missing out on these seven great writer creativity tools!
The writer in me is always interested in stirring up my creativity. Yours is, too, if you think about it. You want to write better, more effectively, more easily. Do you relate to any of these statements below?
- I’d like to write a book, but I don’t think I write well enough to do it.
- Writing has been on-again-off-again for me.
- I write some, but I don’t let anyone read it; I’m not that good.
- Being a writer would be great, but I don’t know if I have what it takes.
- I love to write, and there’s always room for improvement.
- Writing is so cool! How can I have even more fun with it?
This list is a pretty radical spread of thoughts and feelings about writing. The truth is, a daily journal should be a strong focus for each person represented. Let’s take off the cover to this toolbox and look at the ways your daily journal adds new dimensions to your creative writing. [Read more…]
Do you keep a journal? When I ask people that question I usually get one of three responses—yes, no, or what’s that! Journal writing is one of my favorite writing practices.
I have written daily in this way for most of my life. I am taking the lid off here to reveal some interesting truths about this kind of writing. [Read more…]